Once a Coffee-Junkie, Always a Coffee-Junkie
I may no longer need 3 pots of coffee a day to keep me going, but I still love the stuff... and it still gets my brain running in circles.
Consider this the dumping ground for all the random thoughts, opinions, and rants that would otherwise clutter my cranium.
You're welcome!

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Look! It's Me! (Or Don't Look... It's Still Me)


I turned 48 one month ago, and I've been posting a selfie every day since. It wasn't something I planned ahead of time, it's not something I've vowed to continue for any specific period of time, and it isn't something I've talked about. It started on a whim (if you go back, you'll see that Day 1 isn't even titled as such) and will only continue as long as I feel like doing it. But there IS a purpose behind it...

Even though I'm posting these dailies on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, I'm not doing it to get likes, comments, or even views. It doesn't matter to me if anyone out there thinks I look good, thinks I look stupid, or thinks I have too much time on my hands. What motivates me is a desire to be mindful... of me.

I've noticed (as I'm sure we all do) that, as I get older, time seems to slip away faster and faster. Fewer and fewer momentous or memorable occasions mark the calendar of my life, and the time between them becomes a blur of work, evening sitcoms, and begrudgingly executed chores (aka "being an adult"). Where summer break as a kid seemed to last forever, it now feels like I go from pulling out the lawn mower to putting on my winter tires in the blink of an eye. I remember a time when I proudly declared being "9-and-a-half years old". Now I have to check the year and do the math to know how old I am, because those numbers just keep changing so damn quickly.

So, these one-a-day pictures are a way of forcing myself to slow down, take notice, and create a memory for myself. It doesn't need to be anything major. It doesn't need to be life-changing. It just needs to be something that I put some conscious thought into. Something that made me stop, look around, and say, "THIS is what I'll choose to remember about today."

And that's it. I'm sorry if you get tired of seeing my mug on your phone or computer screen. Until I get tired of it, those selfies are gonna keep on comin'.

3 comments:

  1. My brother recommended I may like this web site. He was once entirely right.
    This publish truly made my day. You cann't imagine just how so much time I had
    spent for this info! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized
    it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on writing, great job!

    ReplyDelete